Mud logging is the process of creating a record of geological and drilling data by carefully monitoring the drilling medium throughout the circulation system and testing the cuttings of rock brought to the surface through drilling medium. This provides the drillers with necessary and key information that helps to improve drilling operations. Mud Logging involves sophisticated methods for analysis of wellbore data to identify hydrocarbon zones and improve safety through early detection of potential drilling hazards.
Mud Logging Services by JDIL
Jindal Drilling & Industries Limited (JDIL) forayed in the business of providing Mud Logging services in 1991 and since then is continuously providing Mud Logging services to various E&P companies including ONGC, OIL, GAIL (India) Ltd., Canoro Resources etc. We manufacture and operate the Mud logging units as per the client requirements. Our advanced software and mud logging equipment have integrated facilities for complete acquisition, monitoring and recording of the geological and drilling data during drilling oil and gas wells on continuous basis. Well trained Data Engineers/ Mud loggers / Service/Maintenance Engineers under the guidance of specialist supervisors analyse geological data for detection and analysis of hydrocarbon gases, fluoroscopic studies for the presence of oil shows and overpressure studies for formation evaluation etc.
Growing from 11 to 15 units, JDIL is the biggest Mud logging service provider in North East India, which is a key area for oil and gas exploration in the country.
JDIL is currently operating 22 Nos. Mud Logging Units with ONGC for a period of 5 years.
Salient features of online Mud logging Units:
- Mud logging unit(s) operates on advanced windows based software possessing following important features:
- Real time data acquisition, monitoring and recording of parameters like rate of penetration, Depth tracking, weight on bit, weight on hook, pump strokes, Stand pipe pressure, Rotary torque, Rotary RPM, Pit levels, Mud weight, Mud flow, Total gas detection etc.
- Real time gas detection based on the principle of Flame Ionization Detector/Thermal Conductivity Detector.
- Real time over pressure parameters calculation in display for D-exponent, sigma, pore pressure, fracture gradient.
- Offline system packages like plots for Kick and kill, overpressure detections, leak of tests, fracture gradients, D-exponent, bit hydraulics, sigma etc.
- Data link server serves real time data and time database records to the remote data link client applications.
- Uninterruptible power back up (UPS) for the unit.
- Advance warning system, Audio and Visual Alarms.
- Sufficient Nos. of i7 computer systems for continuous records of data as well back up facilities.
- Fully equipped geological laboratory, like Fluoroscope. Stereomicroscope, shale density kit, shale factor kit, Calcimetry kit, Cutting gas detector etc.